Managing Page Title with Joomla 1.5
Proper Page titles are considered as one of the important constituents of onsite SEO. Basically, the page title should be comprised of proper keywords related to that specific web page. Lot of websites till today use their company name as the page title for all the pages of the website. It’s not advisable to use only your business name in the page title, unless it is the only keyword for visitors to search for.
Now in Joomla 1.0, the Page Title was populated automatically based on the title of the content page. In Joomla 1.5, there is an option for managing the Page Title so that it can be made different from the title of the content page. For this follow these easy steps:
- Create a content page
- Add a menu item “Article” and attach that content page with it.
- On the menu item detail page, click open the Parameters (System) from the right sidebar.
- Add your Page Title here and it can be different from the title of the content page.
PS: Do not make the mistake of stuffing the Page Title with unneeded keywords. Too many keywords lessen the significance of page title. According to Google SEO guide for Page Title:
- Accurately describe the page’s content
- Create unique title tags for each page
- Use brief, but descriptive titles